How Often Are Laser Teeth Whitening Treatments Needed?
Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you, so it's no wonder that teeth whitening has become one of our most popular cosmetic dental treatments. At Cosmetic Dental Studios in New York and Beverly Hills, Dr. Victoria Veytsman specializes in giving patients a more vibrant smile through laser treatments. So, how often should you book these appointments, and how do you maintain your new look for as long as possible?
Below, our celebrity dentist provides detailed information about laser teeth whitening and what to expect during the process. Call now to book a smile design consultation and say goodbye to issues like discoloration and staining.
What is laser teeth whitening?
Laser teeth whitening is a professional procedure in which a specially formulated gel is applied to the surface of your stained teeth. A high-power laser is then used to activate the gel, breaking down the pigments responsible for staining and discoloration. This results in a whiter, brighter smile, often in just one visit to the dentist. Dr. Veytsman uses the latest laser technology to provide patients with a safe, effective, and gentle whitening experience.
How often should you have laser teeth whitening treatments?
Cosmetic Dental Studios in New York and Beverly Hills makes recommendations based on several factors, including the current condition of your teeth and how quickly they tend to stain. While some people only need one whitening session every 1 – 2 years, others require more frequent appointments. Our celebrity dentist will work with you to develop a personalized plan for cosmetic dental treatments.
Here are some factors to consider when determining the frequency of your visits:
- Your diet: If you're a frequent consumer of coffee, tea, and red wine, you may find that your teeth become stained more quickly. Foods like dark-colored berries also contribute to tooth discoloration. Cutting back on these habits or consuming them in moderation can extend the life of your treatment.
- Your lifestyle habits: Tobacco use is not only bad for your general and overall health, but it can also hinder the results of teeth whitening. If you smoke or use other tobacco products, we strongly suggest quitting as soon as possible to maintain a bright smile.
- Your oral hygiene: Brushing, flossing, and visiting your dentist for regular cleanings can preserve the results of laser teeth whitening. Using a whitening toothpaste can also minimize staining in between appointments.
Additional tips for maintaining a bright smile
Dr. Veytsman knows that a beautiful smile is an investment, which is why we provide patients with the tools and knowledge they need to keep their teeth gorgeous long-term. Here are some quick tips to follow at home:
- Rinse out your mouth thoroughly with water after consuming staining foods and drinks
- Use a straw when drinking beverages that lead to discoloration; this reduces contact between your teeth and the staining substances
- Avoid acidic foods, like citrus fruits and vinegar-based dressings, which can erode tooth enamel and make them more susceptible to staining
Consider cosmetic dental treatments
Whiter, brighter teeth can boost your confidence and help you make a great first impression. If you want a picture-perfect smile through laser teeth whitening, schedule a consultation with celebrity dentist Dr. Victoria Veytsman at Cosmetic Dental Studios in New York or Beverly Hills. We offer many cosmetic dental treatments to help you achieve the smile of your dreams.